Fragmenter - animated loop machine
A downloadable tool for Windows and macOS
Fragmenter is a realtime animation app to create moving images, built around a unique looping animation engine. You can draw abstract kaleidoscopic animations in seconds, or create longer animations, bringing your drawings to life. Live-drawing features make Fragmenter a perfect tool for a vj with drawing skills. You can also sync the animation with music and create videos that have an unconventional hand-made look.
Fragmenter has been continuously developed since 2012. The first public desktop version was published in 2019. After a complete refresh of the user interface it is now available on itch.io since 2022. For further introduction, history and media see the Fragmenter homepage.
See the Quickstart guide to make your first steps using Fragmenter.
Join us on the Fragmenter Discord Server.
- realistic drawing engine using or emulating pressure info of tablet pens
- fast animating engine
- adjustable brush size, color, texture
- set arbitrary background image or color
- multiple layers, with four different functions (background, loop, finite and infinite layer)
- save/load layers and manage them in a library
- cross-platform: works on windows, mac, linux (with wine emulator)
- free to use
- output to external screen, projector
- frame-by-frame animation tools
- multiple symmetry modes to make advanced kaleidoscope/mandala animations
- FX: blur, pixelate, etc. effects
- controllable by midi messages
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- New features of Fragmenter v2022.10Oct 13, 2022